Back to the Future

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hints of Spring

This past weekend was beautiful, and it revived my spirit. Temperatures got into the 60s which is like a heat-wave compared to last week's freezing, snowy weather. Aaron took me to Fort Boonesborough to swing and walk around. I loved it! I also opened all the windows in my tiny apartment to let the fresh air in while I cleaned. I love having the windows open on a sunny day and feel the cool air!

On another note...I am terrified of taking the GRE and of the Masters program. I found out I'm going to have to do more than I expected, which is not a bad thing, just scary. The PRAXIS scared me when it comes to on-demand writing for tests, so I'm not looking forward to the analytical section of the GRE. I just need to get my ass in gear and start studying vocabulary. I'm also nervous about presenting for KPA, but at the same time I know it will be okay since my friends will probably be the only ones to attend my reading. :)

I've also expanded my work load a bit to make more $:
1) I'm now trained (certified?) to administer the PRAXIS, so I'll be doing that one Saturday out of the month.
2) I was offered a part-time job as a researcher by one of the Professors in my Department. I'm actually really excited about this, and I think I will enjoy it.

I really wish I could have a paid Spring Break where I didn't have to come into the office. But all staff have to come to campus all week...ugh. Oh well, I've been so spoiled with this job, so I shouldn't complain!

I can't wait until May so that we can move again to a much better place now that we can afford it. We may be moving in to a duplex that one of Aaron's friends owns. We may even get a puppy if we move to a bigger place! We thought about another cat, but Bianca is too much like a dog, so we think maybe she'll get along with a dog better. :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

The weather has been amazing in WA! I open the windows just about everyday. It's supposed to get yucky in the next few days though!


The GRE: AAAAHHHHHH.

That's all I have to say about it.